Search Unity

Problems with the Hover race lecture and build

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by wrichards, Feb 24, 2018.

1. wrichards

wrichards

Aloha,
    This is in reguards to the recent Hover Race Lecture in Feb 2018...

I followed this video seris and can NOT get the project to make a build. I tryed my version I built as followed, then tred the downloaded completed version lesson 21.. same result, over 624 errors, mainly steming from the Cinemeachine and protexts... I cant be the only one not able to form a win build of this.... is there a version that wont give the 600+ errors on build? Im using Unity 2017.03 version.. the game works fine its just NOT able to be turned into an EXE build... suggestions?

2. wrichards

wrichards

heres a video of the problem

3. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

Hmmm, that is weird. Just for curiosities sake, what happeneds if you check development build in the Build Settings and then try to build?

4. wrichards

wrichards

just tried, 4x with each option checked.. no change 600+ errors each build attempt. This was an apsolut clean load of "13 Sequencing the Cut.." I had the same problem with the version I assembled folling the video. thought it was my version. after several hours working it through, tryed loading your compelted version 13 Seq... same problems.. first time in months had any problem with a win build... ??

5. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

OK, this is a hail mary, but:
    1) Close Unity
    2) In the project folder delete all folders except Assets and Project Settings
    3) Re-open Unity and let it rebuild the library
    4) Try building again

If that doesn't work, zip up the project and send it to me. I want to see if it is the project or your machine

6. wrichards

wrichards

ok i did that removed the files, then let it open and rebuild the library.. I then opened scene 13, tested the play, then tryed build, no joy same 702 errors... i made a copy of the file BEFORE i removed the files u specified, so this is a zipped copy right outa your pack.. i hope its somthing trivial. thanks in advance for any all help with this. Im in the mean time adding 2 player, turbos, and a couple more maps to another copy, so hopefuly youll discover the fix and I can then fix my in progress modification version.... thanks again aloha heres the G Drive link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mHkuIc0Exi2rMqmHgXRDbMrPtNu56LOY/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  7. wrichards

wrichards

movin forward while ur checkin the origional out. Hope you can figure it out. meanwhile movin forwards with
    NITRO Mod.... add main menu, that ill add more to, and nitro shots.. ill add another map but anyway... thanks for help

8. wrichards

wrichards

added more scenery to start area more fleshed out ...
    now with nitros, nitro power ups, added camera shake to nitro and added other camera view gettting there....
    hope ill be able to build lol

[

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  9. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

OK, so I wasn't able to build on my machine either. Turns out you need to replace the contents of Assets\Add Ons\PostProcessing with the newest version (uploaded here for convenience: https://www.dropbox.com/s/klnsgvqt9gjwv4s/PostProcessing.zip?dl=1).

That being said, I didn't get any of the Cinemachine or UnityEngine errors that you did. I tried on both 2017.3.0f3 and 2017.3.1f1. Try the post processing fix and try again. Let us know the results

10. wrichards

wrichards

ok swaped out the post process to your download.. down to 272 errors ALL post processing.. im using Unity ver 2017.3.0p4 ill try reverting to one of the eariler versions.... man I want this to work ive relly progressed with modding it... uil let know... oh by the way . where is ther camera controlled in script? I mean I switch camera and it warps im . I need to disable that when swtching cams.... You can see this effect in the last posted video...

thanks again ill let you know

Posterrors.png

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  11. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

Ya, I haven't tried that version. I tried the one before it and the one after it and everything was fine. I wonder if there is a bug with that version specifically.

Honestly, all of the errors you listed seem to indicate something in wrong with the UnityEngine library. Perhaps something got corrupted with that install.

12. wrichards

wrichards

ok BUILD succusful with 2017.3.1f1 seems a problem with ver 2017.3.0p4 so there itt is......

13. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

Awesome! Just so you don't think your problems were for nothing though, you did lead us to a build issue with Post processing in 2017.3. So thanks!

14. wrichards

wrichards

Very Happy I can continue with my Mods of this... Its a great intro into using PIDs... Im coming from a Level design background making Drone tracks for Velocidrone so all this is where im heading :)

any heads up on where i can edit the camera Zoom in when switching cameras?

anyway heres a link to my YT page of many Drone race levels.. all are professional and used by elite drone racing pilots world wide....

you need levels let me know :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFuYV7pDli-H-wL6_l4fjbg/featured?view_as=subscriber