Search Unity

Problems with sprites

Discussion in '2D' started by Starlinetor, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Starlinetor

Starlinetor

723/5000

Hi I started programming in unity recently and
    I've been experiencing some problems for a few weeks.
    1) in the scene the sprites are displayed as black squares with a bar in the center, but from the camera they are seen normally.
    2) The pixels of the sprites are of different sizes even if in the original image they have the same size. I have already put point no filter and removed the compression.
    What can I do to solve these two problems?
    If you need more clarification such as my pc specifications or unity photos please ask.

P.S. I can read English well but I can't write it (since I'm not English) so I'm using Google translate and therefore the sentences might seem strange.

2. kukurenaiz

kukurenaiz

Can you provide some pictures of your first problem? About the second one, you might want to have the same PPU (pixels per unit) for all of your sprites. If you're using a perspective camera, it's unavoidable as far as I can tell, but if you want to completely eliminate the problem, you should add a Pixel Perfect Camera. You can find more about it here:
    https://blogs.unity3d.com/2019/03/1...up-your-unity-project-for-retro-8-bits-games/

Starlinetor likes this.
  3. Starlinetor

Starlinetor

Hi thank you for getting back to me so soon. Below I attach the photo to problem 1. For problem 2 I solved it with the pixel perfect camera even if I had already used it but hadn't done anything. Also how the hell I remove these so pink from my palet: | .

Attached Files:

4. kukurenaiz

kukurenaiz

Oh, that's because you chose to see the wireframe your sprites, click here and set back to 'Shaded'
    upload_2020-8-20_21-46-53.png
    The second picture is because you had a tile on that position, but that tile was deleted, the pink texture is a placeholder.
    Click on Edit in your Tilemap Pallete, Switch to the Eraser tool, Erase those tiles from the pallete, and click the Edit button again to stop editing the pallete.
    upload_2020-8-20_21-49-7.png

Starlinetor likes this.
  5. Starlinetor

Starlinetor

thanks you are very helpfull
    i resolve all my problems