Search Unity

Problems with self implemented master server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Zwakstroom, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Zwakstroom

Zwakstroom

Hi,

Since i had a lot of trouble using the public Master Server, i started running my own Master Server.
    I run the Master Server, Facilitator and connection tester on an open UDP port(only UDP is needed right?)

It registers fine and i get some hosts back in the poll list. The biggest problem i'm having is that it doesn't return my private ip address. I'm testing this locally on a private network.

When it registers on the master server, i see this in the log:
    Updating, inserting 0 at column 3
    Updating, inserting My Game Name at column 4
    Updating, inserting 1 at column 5
    Updating, inserting 2 at column 6
    Updating, inserting 0 at column 7
    Updating, injecting xx.xx.xx.xx public internet ip address at column 8
    Updating, injecting 56925 at column 9
    Updating, inserting Public Game at column 10
    Internal port is 25003 IPs set as 192.168.1.104 91.141.241.37

It knows my local private ip as seen on the last line, but when sending the host data it only sends my public internet address, that doesn't make sense.

Am i missing something? Do i have to open more ports for this? On my server online incoming and outgoing ports are blocked by default and had to set the 3 incoming UDP ports open for this.

I also get "Facilitator: xx.xx.xx.xx has diconnected" quite often.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Update: I found the beta 7 sourcecode @ http://files.unity3d.com/larus/masterserver-1.0.1b7.zip
    but it still gives me only my internet ip.

Can somebody tell me what is going wrong? Do i need to open more ports? Need to enable more protocols?

2. Zwakstroom

Zwakstroom

Another update:
    I figured out my biggest problem was with my own connection tester and facilitator.
    When your _out_going ports are blocked by default on your server, would that make the connection tester / facilitator fail?
    Are there any extra outgoing ports that need to be opened for the connection tester?

Anyone? It's a perfectly normal question.