Search Unity

Problems with physics on Tizen Z3 device

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by bbartel84, Feb 26, 2016.

1. bbartel84

bbartel84

Hello,

I am making a game and I am testing it both on Tizen Z1 and Tizen Z3 devices with the newest firmware updates.

Z1 with Tizen 2.4.0.2
    Z3 with Tizen 2.4.0.0

1. The main character of the game is floating (gravity 0) as a rigidbody and has a 2D box collider by using the accelerometer of the device.

2. There are also other objects with 2D box colliders. Platforms that you can land on, but you can't move them.

3. To move my "floating main character" I am using the following C# script code attached to the main character gameObject.

float moveHorizontal = -Input.acceleration.x;

float moveVertical = -Input.acceleration.y;

Vector2 movement = new Vector2(moveHorizontal, moveVertical);

Now. Knowing all the above, my game works ok on the Tizen Z1 device. But on the Tizen Z3 device there is a problem.

The object is floating on the screen due to accelerometer input, but suddenly it randomly changes position. Also the platforms sometimes also change position. This is very weird. Also I have published my other project using 2D physics in Unity both on Z1 and Z3. The Z1 version was working ok and Z3 version had the same issue as I described above with "the jumping 2d physc bodies issue". So this isn't my proects issue, because the same happened on different projects.

Will there be a patch in Unity for Z3? It is really easy to reproduce. So check if you can.

Best regards and thank you in advance for any constructive reply!

2. bbartel84

bbartel84

Ok this is an update. I have found what is the issue. But I am unable to fix it.

It seems that on the Tizen Z3 device when you turn on the Auto rotate option in the upper menu (there are also wi-fi, gps, etc) , then the problem mentioned by me in the above post occurs.

I just want to mention that in the Player settings... in Unity for Tizen menu I have checked the "portrait" mode. And it was turned on all the time. This means that the Z3 device somehow wants to "rotate" the view, when the Z3 has auto rotate turned on, despite having set the 'portrait' display mode in Unity player settings. So then by a part of a second the game thinks the orientation has changed and replaces the position of the objects on the scene to fit the landscape mode. Hence making chaos in the game level.

The issue mentioned above does not happen on the Tizen Z1 device. I checked it.

Best regards! Hope you guys will come up with something to resolve that.I will check also what I can do.

3. bbartel84

bbartel84

...and the same happens on the Tizen Z3 (on Z1 its ok) device even with Auto rotate turned off, when you turn off the screen of the device during game play and then you turn on the screen. It also tries to "re-rotate" the layout somehow and cripples it.

...so it seems it affects only objects which are part of the fixedUpdate() cycle. (physcial objects with colliders)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  4. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Thanks for all the information, it's very very helpful. Would you mind reporting this on our issue tracker along with a link back to this thread? Just so it doesn't get lost.

I haven't seen this issue myself but I'll do some investigation and see if there is a possible solution.

bbartel84 likes this.
  5. bbartel84

bbartel84

Hi, yes I have registered the issue in the issue tracker. Hope you can sort it out somehow and make a patch soon or another solution.

Thank you and best regards!