Search Unity

Question Problems with loading scene on build(Android)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by fmilberth, Jan 11, 2021.

1. fmilberth

fmilberth

When I build the game it goes to the title screen normally, actually, all scenes are working fine except the last one with a boss battle. The game freeze and doesn't respond.
    During my speculation of the problem (and this took several days) deactivating objects and components I've find out that if I delete the animator's last boss the game responds normally, which is something I've never seen before
    This is my animator's boss, honestly I dont think it has too much animations.

upload_2021-1-11_18-54-30.png

Observations:
    - the game is 2D
    - i'm not a native english speaker, sorry if something is wrong
    - I'm using unity 2019.4.0f1
    - in the previous versions of the building this problem wasn't happening
    - in LG k11+ runs normally, with or without the animator, but in other phones (even with higher specs) doesn't

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

With logic driven from animations and especially with callbacks from animations, timing can be especially critical.

If you rely on callbacks from particular animations or animator states, that's always a good place to start putting in some logging to find out if they are firing in an unusual order or failing to fire or something.

Sometimes you can aggravate it and make it fail right in the editor by setting Time.timeScale higher, like to 2.0 or 3.0 or whatever.

3. fmilberth

fmilberth

It has some events in it but nothing, activating another animation, the events are linked to activating game objects or something else, I don't think this is the case :(:(:(