Search Unity

Question Problems with importing Animations to Unity from blender correctly

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Panos2, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Panos2

Panos2

Hi! I am trying to import an animation to unity from blender. In blender, the animation looks and behaves correctly, but when imported into unity, it breaks. The 60 frames of the animation become 2 slow and broken movements. What confuses me is that it breaks differently based on whether I have copied a preexisted avatar or created a new one from the animation. I am unsure if it's a problem with the animation, the avatars', importing, or exporting problem, as I lack the knowledge to pinpoint the cause, especially regarding blender.

In particular, when I create a new avatar based on animation (which I don't want to do), the animation will be 2 very slow frames where the player just moves the hands and legs in a general direction that kind of resembles my animation without any detailing.

When I use my avatar (the same avatar I imported to the blender to animate), all bones are with wrong rotations all over the place, and the rotation of the general direction of the avatar is -90 degrees, looking upwards.

I wonder if someone more experienced with blender and its use to bring animations to unity could help me understand the situation to what point I messed up the process.

2. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

I've never animated in Blender, partially because I know how many issues spring up for people. This tutorial is a bit old, but should still have valuable information:

Try following along and hopefully you can get your animations working in Unity.