Search Unity

Problems with downloading projects when using Unity Hub from the cloud.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by CHICKENB0Y93, Jun 1, 2018.

1. CHICKENB0Y93

CHICKENB0Y93

When account logged in to my account, using unity hub, and downloading projects from the 'in the cloud tab' just opens up a new project. The project folder name 'New Folder' and have to re-login to my account. From there I have to hook up the new project to the existing project. After saving the project and closing out the editor I am unable to rename the folder until I restart my computer.

Also, some projects that my account is a part of using Unity Teams, is not recognized by unity hub and ask me to be added to the team even though my account is already a part of the team. I am able to download cloud projects like normally(even ones that I am part of a team) by launching the individual editor and not using unity hub. I am using unity hub 0.17.0

2. jay43K

jay43K

Hey just chiming in to say that I also experienced this bug.

When picking the project from "In the Cloud" I select the destination and an empty project opens up on the same level as the destination folder named the same as the destination folder. So for me I'm trying to put the project in E:/UnityGames and an empty project opens up called UnityGames (1) not inside of the UnityGames folder, but alongside it on my E drive.

Everything works as expected launching the editor directly and not using Hub.

Using Unity Hub 0.17.0 and Unity 2017.4.3f1.

3. mathieub

mathieub

Unity Technologies

@CHICKENB0Y93 , @jay43K ,

Thank you both for reporting these issues.
    We're going to investigate this during the week.

4. CHICKENB0Y93

CHICKENB0Y93

Would it help if I report a bug through the Unity editor with the project?

5. mathieub

mathieub

Unity Technologies

@CHICKENB0Y93 , that won't be necessary. We identified the problem, an hotfix is incoming and the Hub's gonna auto-update itself (should be live in few hours)

6. mathieub

mathieub

Unity Technologies

Should be good now.

7. CHICKENB0Y93

CHICKENB0Y93

Wooooo you guys rock! Thanks!