Search Unity

Problems with building to Oculus Quest

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by xKingGx, Sep 10, 2020.

1. xKingGx

xKingGx

Hi,
    I'm trying to build my test apk from unity to my Oculus Quest. I can choose the device in my build settings. But when clicking on "build and start" it responses: "Android device is not responding". I don't know what to do. Can someone please hep me?
    I'm using a Macbook pro late 15. ADB and Android File Transfer recognizes the Quest.
    best regards

shahlahar likes this.
  2. arfish

arfish

Hi,

Have you followed the guide at the Oculus site?
    https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-build/

"...The Build and Run option requires you to connect the Oculus device to your computer over a USB-C cable. As mentioned in step 4 of Select Build Platform, select the device from the Run Device list. If your device is not connected or has connection or detection issues, the Build and Run option fails in generating build..."

3. Banksy

Banksy

Oculus Quest 2 connected via an Oculus Link Cable (official cable) & still no android connection. It does however run in real-time in Unity when I hit Play... WTF !! FaceBook Sux & Oculus is a piece of crap

4. adamhill

adamhill

One thing I had to do is when I first installed the Oculus Developer app was to do a "adb kill-sever" from the command line. Then an "adb devices" and it restarted the daemon and the dashboard saw it.

Standard caveats apply — Make sure the Quest is in developer mode. Might even try revoking debugging permissions, unplug cable, plug back in and allow debugging. I have had cases with normal Android development where that was the only way I could deploy after VS forgot that it could debug my device. Go figure.

5. sandmanblue

sandmanblue

did you enable developer mode?

6. Home_Builder

Home_Builder

I have connected my Quest, as per the instructions and I see it in 'Run Device' and I am able to 'Build' but I get this error when I 'Build and Run'.

7. Realform

Realform

It is 2021 and I guess I have the same problem as you, but don't understand WHY, just a few months before I did some test on the glasses and then now I cant build any apk

8. DevDunk

DevDunk

You can try running it via SideQuest maybe