Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Problems with Animator overriding Animation Rigging over multiplayer/network

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Saucyminator, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Saucyminator

Saucyminator

Hi,

I'm developing a multiplayer game with Mirror as my network solution. I've created an animation rigging for when players aim their rifle. Problems is that it looks fine on each client but it doesn't get synced to other clients.

I've added NetworkTransformChild to the player prefab and added the bones that is using the animation rigging, still doesn't get synced over the network.

One thing I've found is the Animator overrides all transform changes. If I disable the Animator while running a server+client & a client I can see the animator rigging move as I've setup, but now I've lost all other animations/locomotions.

How can I properly setup animation rigging so it works over the network?

Using Unity 2020.2
    Mirror 26.2
    Animation Rigging 1.0.3

2. Saucyminator

Saucyminator

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section, pretty sure I posted in Animation Rigging section.

3. Saucyminator

Saucyminator

Solved part of the problem by changing Update Mode on Animator to Animate Physics instead of Normal that I used.
    But now my camera aiming script is lagging behind so Animate Physics mode isn't an option, I guess I'm out of options here.

Unless it is possible to change when the Rig Layers update?

4. liambilly

liambilly

did you find a solution

codeBatt likes this.
  5. Traiforce

Traiforce

Did you ?