Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems while importing OBJ files

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by mak3r76, Sep 14, 2016.

1. mak3r76

mak3r76

Hey there,
    I have heavy problems while importing OBJs with texturing. Every time Unity is dividing my meshes into several single meshes. So I´ve got 6 different meshes out of one! The model is displaying well in the game...but I can´t use the grab script, because the mesh contains of 6 different models and multi object editing is not possible.

So how can I import my mesh as 1 single mesh?

Okay...it´s solved. It´s because the 65k limitation from Unity (if someone has the same problem;)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  2. JDMulti

JDMulti

Inside your modelling software it has to be a single mesh. If you grouped it, it will display several objects instead of a single mesh.
    Another thing could be that your mesh exceeds a certain amount of vertices where unity will split it into several meshes. But this is only the case with more then 10thousand vertices if I remember right. Also it will tell you in the console window if it does split your mesh.

3. mak3r76

mak3r76

Hi, it was a single mesh and I have exported it from Zbrush. But the mesh was too much I think. I have reduced it to nearly 9k vertices and everything works fine now.