Search Unity

Problems when getting free vouchers

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by windowshuman, Apr 19, 2018.

1. windowshuman

windowshuman

Hello,
    I've got a free Gaia voucher code after subscribing Unity. But I have problem to redeem the voucher, and it always tells:
    You need to have an address registered for your account to redeem a free package. Please try again.
    I have already checked my email address, billing address, and I try to buy another asset in asset store and succeeds.
    Is that a bug? Does anyone have the same problem?

Wamhoff likes this.
  2. Onomicon

Onomicon

I solved this problem by switching to the old asset store, added Gaia to my cart and it asked me to add my address again, after adding my address I switched back to my email to click the voucher link and it worked! Very strange, seems like a migration issue from the old asset site.

TractGames likes this.
  3. windowshuman

windowshuman

Thank you! I've solved this problem too.
    I tried to switch to old asset store, and in that profile, I found my billing address missing. (I've filled them in new asset store already).
    After I added my address, it's ok.

TractGames likes this.
  4. steamportal

steamportal

So you can't buy and download the Gaia asset first and redeem the voucher to credit my purchase? I need to start working on a Landscape right away. I can't really wait a week:(

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

No

https://store.unity.com/offer/plus-triple-boost

6. E_T_

E_T_

Thank goodness for you guys. This was driving me nuts. Once I went to the old store, I was able to redeem the voucher there and jump back to the new store and see the purchase. Thanks for being proactive and solving this guys!

7. Premanand

Premanand

That worked like a charm using the old asset store, thanks had got me worried.

8. jamesnw

jamesnw

I just ran into this. Why on earth do a promotion, then give people codes that don't work on the current store!?

9. Mauri

Mauri

You can't anymore. It's gone.

Also, this thread is from 2018 - two years ago. Please don't necro bump such old threads.

10. Orumo

Orumo

Hi, same problem here, in 2020. No clue how to solve it.

11. newbieperson2322

newbieperson2322

Well, it's 2022 and I'm having the same issue as they were in 2018, I have my email in, and a voucher code, but it's giving me the same error.