Search Unity

Problems Purchasing Assets on the Asset Store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JDelekto, Dec 14, 2021.

1. JDelekto

JDelekto

As of this morning, any time I open up an asset, on sale or otherwise, the buttons to purchase the asset or to add to my cart appear with the pulsating boxes:

upload_2021-12-13_21-16-47.gif

I've tried waiting, clearing my browser's cache (I'm using Chrome Version 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)), using the clear cache and hard reload, and ending up giving up after several tries.

If I log in incognito, I see the button to purchase the asset, but once I use it, I'm prompted to log in and upon successfully logging in, it again goes back to the same state showing the same buttons. I'm unable to add free assets to my account and while I can add assets to my cart using the "Add to cart" link, when I click the "Checkout" button from the cart, that button starts spinning too and I am unable to make a purchase:

upload_2021-12-13_21-28-22.gif

I've decided to try Microsoft Edge and it ends up having the same exact behavior as Chrome. I've also tried this on an entirely different machine, so it seems that it might be something related to my account.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Whatever is happening, I am unable to make any purchases from the Asset Store. Although, it might not be such a bad thing as it is forcing me not to overextend my budget during these non-stop sales.

tyd2 likes this.
  2. tyd2

tyd2

Same problem here.

3. JDelekto

JDelekto

Just FYI, I spoke to Claire in a support chat and provided a link to the details in this post. My account was checked and I was advised that there were no issues with it (I assume for any type of negative flags).

A support request was created and I was assigned a ticket number, but I was advised that it may be up to three days to get a reply. I will reply with the information once I hear back from them

Cheers!

4. JDelekto

JDelekto

Final update, this now appears to be fixed!

5. d5-sullivan

d5-sullivan

Same problem

6. kdf

kdf

Page loading of Unity asset store asset pages has become real slow. I tried with 2 different laptops. However, when I use Android the page loading is fast like it was before.