Search Unity

Problems publishing my game.

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by mikelowefedex, Oct 17, 2020.

1. mikelowefedex

mikelowefedex

Hello,
    I am getting these following errors when I click, "Build" for WebGL when trying to publish my game...

Then, I get these errors when I click "Build and Run"...

Then, when I click on the link to my game, the page doesn't respond and asks me if I want to wait or exit the page. How can I troubleshoot what the problem is? Thank you.

2. mikelowefedex

mikelowefedex

If it helps any, I was able to locate PackageManagerProxy.cs on my C: drive to look at the code in Visual Studio. Line 21 says,
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var projectSettings = InternalEditorUtility.LoadSerializedFileAndForget("ProjectSettings/ProjectSettings.asset");
    before my problem happens on line 23 (as a Null Reference Exception).

Code (CSharp):
    1. so.FindProperty("applicationIdentifier.Array.data[0].second")
    must somehow return null so

Code (CSharp):
    1. so.FindProperty("applicationIdentifier.Array.data[0].second").stringValue
    gives the "Null Reference Exception" error. In my 'Build Settings' I don't have 0 scenes in my "Scenes in build" window, so, I can't understand why I am getting this error.

3. mikelowefedex

mikelowefedex

I 'reimported all' and still got the same errors. Then, I took my 'packages' folder out of my project and put it on my desktop. The errors went away, BUT the "Share WebGL Game" option was no longer in my Window menu anymore. In package manager, I looked for, "Web" (for WebGL, to get back whatever .cs script put the "Share WebGL Game" option in my window menu), and Package Manager said there were no results for "Web", except for when I selected, "Show Preview Packages" for my search. I reinstalled the, "Share WebGL Game" package and clicked "Build" under "Build Settings", and got back the same errors again.

4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey there,

This is an issue with the `com.unity.connect.share` package. It so happens that they have a class called PackageManagerProxy.cs, but this is not part of the package manager.

It's difficult to tell why you are having this error without taking a closer look at your project. This file no longer exists in the latest version of the package, so you could be using an outdated version

You could try updating the `com.unity.connect.share` package to the latest version and share your editor version and project manifest if this does not work.

Alternatively, this would be a case where you should really just report this as a bug so it submits everything we need. The process can be found here: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

5. mikelowefedex

mikelowefedex

I upgraded to 2021 and it works now.

6. Longeloe

Longeloe

Hi there!
    I had the same problem and, after trying a lot of different possible solutions, ended up unistalling the Unity editor and also Unity Hub.
    After reinstalling them, all bugs were gone and I'm able to upload everything perfectly.
    Hope this helps! :)

7. ruthkarennakigozi

ruthkarennakigozi

Hello. I am requesting for some help. My game has refused to be published. I can’t seem to find in the Locate Existing Build window. I am stuck.