Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems playing an old Unity Web Player game

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AlceX, Jul 21, 2017.

1. AlceX

AlceX

Hi everyone!

Looking through old files I recently found an old game of mine, exported for the old Unity Web Player. Sadly I can't find the source code and I really want to replay the game, but I have no idea how I can get it working on a modern browser. Opening the game prompts me to install the Unity Web Player, but doing so doesn't seem to have any effect.

Is there anything I can do? I've looked through old threads but it seems they're out of date.

Thanks in advance! Here's the game in case it helps.

2. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

Browsers have dropped Unity Web Player support a while ago. Try in Internet Explorer as I believe it still supports web player.

3. Mauri

Mauri

4. AlceX

AlceX

Got in working in Internet Explorer using Developer Tools (F12) to roll-back to an older verision of IE (I tested it with 8). Thanks for the help!

5. Hormic

Hormic

It doesn't work on my pc with windows 10.
    I'm not able to start a unity webplayer game on my computer and i have tried with a lot of different browsers and also with the Firefox ESR you mentioned. It doesn't work with Chrome, Firefox, IE and others.
    I only see the unity install webplayer - install now - icon but after installing, it is the same as before.

I dont't know how to make it possible to see demos like this -> http://catspawsgames.com/files/demo_trails.html
    Thanks for some advices.

unityunity