Search Unity

Problems opening my Oculus VR film on another computer

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by AugustVoldenSkara, Nov 6, 2018.

1. AugustVoldenSkara

AugustVoldenSkara

Hello Unity forum,
    My plan is to create a short film experience for the Oculus Rift, but I am new in both Unity and VR.

I am working on a computer which does not have a strong enough graphic card to run Oculus, but the idea is to bring the files over to one which can runs it.

As a test, I imported, to Unity, some sets and props from Maya, in FBX format. I downloaded "EditorXR" package from Unity community, and the Oculus package.
    In the "player settings", I marked "Virtual Reality Supported", and "Oculus" appeared right underneath. I removed the default camera, and added "OVRCameraRig" from the Oculus asset package. In the "build settings", I left it on "PC, Mac and Lenux standalone", kept the "Target Platform" to Windows, and set the "Architecture" to x86, and then I build.

When I bring this file (including the dll file and the folder containing the data) over to the computer which has the specifics good enough to run Oculus, it asks for the quality, and everything looks good, but when it is opened, it is only the default background which appears. I tried to create a new project which only contained a white 3D Cube, but not even this became visible. When I go to "Windows" and click EditorXR, it just shows a blank page, but in the "Game" window, it shows what I want to be visible.

What do you think might be the reason for this not working? Is it because I am working on a computer which hasn't graphic card strong enough for Oculus? Should I download another Editor VR package, or redownload the one I got? Is there something I might have missed to do?

Thank you for your answers.

2. hoodoo

hoodoo

Make sure you have selected your scene in the Build Settings, before you build the binaries.