Search Unity

Problems Creating a PSDP file

Discussion in 'PSM' started by danieljlezama, Apr 8, 2014.

1. danieljlezama

danieljlezama

I'm trying to Build my project, but when I hit the Build button, for PS Mobile, it doesn't ask for a filename instead asks for a folder and just create lot of files, like image icons and a folder named "Application-unsigned" :confused:

Please help!

[SOLVED, well almost]
    If this happens to you, looks like by using Build And Run solves the problem.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. DFP

DFP

Select the root folder where you build your project to.

3. danieljlezama

danieljlezama

DFP thanks for your post but selecting the root folder doesn't do anything :S
    I mean, I selected the root folder when I hit the Build Button and the only thing that do is recompile the scripts and doesn't build anything.

4. DFP

DFP

Whoops I misunderstood what you said. You build the project files within Unity. Then in the Publishing tools, you build the PSDP from those files. (File menu)

5. danieljlezama

danieljlezama

Ohhhh... this only happens to me if I hit the Build button, But if I hit the Build And Run button now asked me for a file name (and not a folder) and I now can publish Finally!

6. xixgames

xixgames

I think you need to Build Only;
    and then , to change parameters, how do you change the _PSM_DEFAULT_ with your own app id?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  7. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

The 'Build' button will create an unsigned package folder structure. This structure can then be signed manually from Publishing Utility - in case you need to separate the two steps.

The 'Build&Run' button will wrap up the contents and sign the data into a .psdp file. It will also make sure you have all the keys installed on the PS Vita before uploading and launching the application, through the DevelopmentAssistant.

8. xixgames

xixgames

So, how do you change the Application ID ( _PSM_DEFAULT_ ) for another thing in the Unity project? can you use your own app.xml inside Resources/Plugins/___/app.xml to set things there?

9. danieljlezama

danieljlezama

eriQue, Thanks for your post!

Good to know that Apps can be build in that way.

10. Geoden

Geoden

I'm also having problems generating the .psdp. Once I click build and run and select the location for the psdp file to be generated, unity looks like it's building but no file is being created. My PS Vita is being detected by the Publishing Utility for Unity and I have the PlayStationMobile Development Assistant for Unity installed and open on my Vita. I also have my publisher key. Not sure why it's not building the file.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  11. PeterD

PeterD

Build and run should be copying the file directly to the vita. As per eriQue's earlier post. If you have selected just the build option, then you'll just generate a directory full of processed files but, no .psdp file will be created as that is only done when the file is being signed.

12. Geoden

Geoden

I've tried both , no files are being generated with either build or build and run and nothing happens on the Vita when using build or build&run while it's connected with USB and the PSM dev assistant for unity open on the vita.

I've now also reinstalled unity, same issue.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  13. PeterD

PeterD

Are you not getting any errors at all?

14. Geoden

Geoden

no errors at all

15. PeterD

PeterD

Can you check that the PSM Tools for Unity are correctly installed on your development PC. When you select Build and Run from Unity a PSM Tools window should pop up with the details of the application being built. If this isn't happening, then Unity is not able to find the PSM Tool and so is doing nothing.

The solution is to re-install the PSM Tool and driver.

16. Geoden

Geoden

I've reinstalled unity and psm tool and driver, same issue. i've set up everything on another PC running win8 and that one works as it should. from that one the files were created and the game now runs on vita. not sure what's affecting my first PC but i guess i'll just use this other one for now.

17. PeterD

PeterD

Well glad you have a dev system now. Can't think what could cause the other system to fail to build though.