Search Unity

Question Problems copying prefab from package

Discussion in 'Game Foundation' started by Flynn_Prime, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Flynn_Prime

Flynn_Prime

Whenever I click on a prefab within the game foundation package I get constant "Argument Exception: Can't save an immutable Prefab". I can drag the prefab onto my scene but I can't create my own copy. Anyone else had this issue?

2. erika_d

erika_d

Thanks for the report! We're aware of the issue of the ArgumentException error when some of the prefabs inside the package are highlighted and are working on a better way so they don't do that, however I was not able to duplicate the issue of that preventing your creating your own copy. For me when I tested it in my project, I was able to drag the prefab into my scene despite the errors, then when I selected the prefab in the scene it did not produce the same errors. Then I was able to drag the prefab from my scene into my project hierarchy, choosing either "Original Prefab" or "Prefab Variant" when it asks without any problems.

What steps are you using to create your own copy and what errors are you getting?

3. Flynn_Prime

Flynn_Prime

Thanks for the reply. I was trying to create a copy with keyboard shortcut which was not working, but I since managed to get copies how you mentioned. I was not getting any errors bar the ArgumentException.

mingz-unity and erika_d like this.
  4. Reelsy

Reelsy

Thank you for the workaround ^^

erika_d likes this.