Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Problems changing settings of imported images

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by skullbox_, Mar 9, 2024.

1. skullbox_

skullbox_

Hi!

Never encountered this problem before, I am using v 2023.1.12f1, and no problems before today in this version with images, but suddenly some of my images don't show the "Apply" button in the Inspector.

When trying to change any setting it just reverts back and I see the following error in the console:

UnityException: Could not find the requested Platform Texture Settings. This is incorrect, did initialization fail?
    UnityEditor.TextureImportPlatformSettings.CacheSerializedProperties (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty platformSettingsArray) (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Editor/Mono/ImportSettings/TextureImportPlatformSettings.cs:622)
    UnityEditor.TextureImporterInspector.<OnInspectorGUI>b__118_1

I tried re-saving the images in my image appliation and re-import it, but same error. For some reason my old images in the project are still working. I checked read/write access and it is same on all files, working and non-working.

Any idea what it can be?

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

What's the image file type?
    Perhaps deleting the Library folder may fix this.

skullbox_ likes this.
  3. skullbox_

skullbox_

Thanks for your response! They are png files. Where is this Library folder?

4. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Subfolder in your project. Close the project before deleting, and only reopen project when delete is complete.

5. skullbox_

skullbox_

Thanks again! Sadly didn't help, but I compared the meta files of one working texture and one non-working. The working texture had an extra plaform "Server" set. If I copied the server settings to the non working image meta, it worked.
    Is there a way to generate these missing platforms in all meta-files? Maybe remove all meta files through command-line?

6. skullbox_

skullbox_

Still having problems with this, as mentioned deleting Library folder did not work. Seems I can't change import settings of any of the png file. When I write a number or change a dropdown value it just switches back to the original value. Does anyone know what can be the problem? I am using v 2023.1.12f1. Thanks!