Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems building from mac using Android File Transfer

Discussion in 'Android' started by Nomad_Artisan, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nomad_Artisan

Nomad_Artisan

This is the first time I've tried building to a mobile device.

I followed unity's instructions as far as getting the Android SDK installed onto my Macbook Pro, plus the additional files to go along with it.

I also downloaded Android File Transfer, and the mac recognizes my device (I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0)
    Set my device to debug mode, I try to build run, but I can't select my device when it asks me where I want to save my build to.

The android file transfer lets me see all of the files and folders on my Note as well as add/remove from the note, but there is not directory or anything I can select when trying to build from Unity.

I'm pretty sure the Android SDK is working correctly because I was able to successfully build an android apk to a folder on my desktop

What can I do to troubleshoot and figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

2. Agent_007

Agent_007

Build run doesn't show any device selection. It will automatically install the build .apk via adb install

Easiest thing to do is to check out output of adb devices, if everything is good for APK transfers, it should display your device there.

3. carnelianparker

carnelianparker

Android Manager can do this in the same way. It is a management tool that can transfer files between computer and Android phone. You just need to launch it in you computer, and then connect your phone to computer. It will export files from MAC to Android and import files from Android to MAC. Just have a try! It will solve your problem.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  4. Crichton333

Crichton333

Why not just build the APK file and drag and drop to the phone ? Does it show up as normal storage ? Install dropbox on your phone and just tranfer the apk that way. Android managers are usually very buggy.

5. XkoiulJrttn

XkoiulJrttn

You can also try this Android to mac tool, just download Windows and Mac version as you like, supported files: sms, contact and other media files.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  6. Kolpoiu

Kolpoiu

Thanks, I will have a try.

7. Gbaawrty

Gbaawrty

For Samsung users, it is very necessary to backup samsung phone data ,especially for contacts. Here I will show you a very easy way to make your Samsung contacts backup. You can now try Samsung Backup program, which enables you to backup samsung phone data in an easy way.
    Save text messages

8. Kolpoiu

Kolpoiu

9. Dellea

Dellea

That can be helpful to use an android device manager for data managing.
    I think you should try more times, or use other's phones for a try.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  10. Kncjasd

Kncjasd

In my opinion, maybe you use a worry tools,transfer data between android and pc is not difficult to complete,i have successed transfer sms from android to pc , first ,install a android manager on a pc and connect android to pc, i have got some phone data with the help of android manager , next, select sms those need to transfer, finally , start to transfer them . this means that the transfer is completed after the all the program is ended,as far as i know , it supports to transfer contacts,photos,app,file ,song ,,,,,,

11. XkoiulJrttn

XkoiulJrttn

Thanks your solution, I will have a try for it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  12. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Closing. This thread has become a spam dump. The question is answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.