Search Unity

Problems building for iOS

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by cedhikari7, Sep 10, 2014.

1. cedhikari7

cedhikari7

Hello,

I have been using cloud build for a all day, great product.
    As always with xcode stuff, it is always tricky to build. Actually, cloud build failed to build the iOS project.
    Seems it is linked to xcode but there is no detail in the log :

[Unity] Finished exporting player successfully.
    + Building with Xcode 5.1.1
    [xcode] ** BUILD FAILED **
    ! build of 'default-ios' failed. compile failed

I have found out that in my first attempts I was using a dev provisionning profile and certificate, then my bundleID was wrong but now I am using a production .p12 file and an AdHoc production provisionning profile working with my latest bundleID (updated in settings section - it should be written in bold above input fields). I am able to build the archive in xcode with these files so I am wondering if someone in Unity Team is able to provide me more accurate info.

Thank you

2. Keepabee

Keepabee

I previously had one Cloud Build compilation problem:

My project was always designed and tested solely on Android and iOS platforms, and some source files could not compile when starting on a new workstation with a clean Unity installation or cleared Library folder - this was caused only by Unity defaulting to Standalone platform on a normal desktop without any saved platform set, and we never fixed those issues, instead immediately changing platform to those we developed on, since we never build for Standalone.

Unity Cloud build acts like a normal workstation and defaults to Standalone platform on its first builds - if it encounters compilation errors for that platform, it considers it an immediate failure and won't even try to switch platform to its intended build target platform, exiting immediately.

Try fixing any Standalone platform compilation issues quickly to see if that helps.

I do think it's strange you get no detailed information, though, so this may or may not be the case for you.

hypeNate likes this.
  3. cedhikari7

cedhikari7

thanks for your advice.
    To debug, I have done the same process than the cloud.

1. Checkout the project in a new directory,
    2. open the project in unity, compile for ios,
    3. then launched Xcode to compile
    and TADAAAA !! ... one file was missing in the repository (FacebookSDK.a). That's why it wasn't a problem for unity.
    Maybe I could find out more quickly with a more verbose Xcode logs.

Anisoropos and hypeNate like this.
  4. Anisoropos

Anisoropos

Had the same issue with a vuforia cloud build - BitBucket auto ignores all .dll files, meaning some really important files were missing from the version control repository - and the cloud build failed.

Tracked it down using your technique - so thanks :D