Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Webplayer + Fullscreen + OSX

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Molix, May 31, 2013.

1. Molix

Molix

The multiple desktops available in OSX seem to mess up fullscreen play in a webplayer build. Sometimes it works fine, but other times you can see the game go to fullscreen but then switch to a different desktop (i.e. you end up "in fullscreen" on a screen you cannot see). If you do not know beforehand that you can press Escape to exit, you're in trouble because you won't even see that. I have tried on Safari and Chrome.

I have been trying to work out the exact steps to reproduce, and it seems like it might be something like whichever desktop the player is on when it first loads (or maybe when the browser first loads) is the one that will be switched to after fullscreen is engaged. So if you start up the browser and load the webplayer on Desktop 1, then go move the browser to Desktop 2, then go to fullscreen, the game will go to fullscreen on Desktop 2 but you will be switched to Desktop 1. Closing the webpage and reloading on Desktop 2 does not fix it, though restarting the browser did in one case.

Is this a known issue? Are there any workarounds? Our players have asked for fullscreen, but because of the ease of getting "trapped" we really can't use it like this.

(Unity 4.1.3, OSX 10.8.3)