Search Unity

Question Problem with WebGL build

Discussion in 'Web' started by Oxygar, May 31, 2021.

1. Oxygar

Oxygar

Good morning,

I know that more people have similar problems, I was also trying to find resolve in existing topics, but I didn't found any solution. So, forgive me, and please help me if You can.

So Im proceeding through Unity missions, and I'm stuck in Foundations of Real-Time 3D - Publish Your Project, because when Im trying to make WebGL build of my "game", some errors occur in console window. And I have also empty folder, where my build should be.

upload_2021-5-31_13-12-1.png

Please, help. I want to create the best game in the world in few years, but how can I do that If I can't even finish tutorial -.-

I wish good day for everyone.

Attached Files:

2. jukka_j

jukka_j

Unity Technologies

Can you post the full error logs from each of the error messages?

3. Oxygar

Oxygar

Exception: Failed running E:\Unity\2020.3.9f1\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/BeeSettings/offline/bee.exe --useprebuiltbuildprogram --no-colors

stdout:
    [ ] Require frontend run. tundra.dag no longer valid. FileSignature timestamp changed: il2cpp_settings.json
    [ 4s] Executed build program. Created build graph with 3 nodes.
    [ 0s] Freezing tundra.dag.json into .dag (.dag file didn't exist)
    *** Bee build failed (0.23 seconds), 0 items updated, 3 evaluated
    stderr:

UnityEditorInternal.Runner.RunProgram (UnityEditor.Utils.Program p, System.String exe, System.String args, System.String workingDirectory, UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.CompilerOutputParserBase parser) (at <9540aba417024bb296674f70fa788b73>:0)
    UnityEditorInternal.Runner.RunManagedProgram (System.String exe, System.String args, System.String workingDirectory, UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.CompilerOutputParserBase parser, System.Action`1[T] setupStartInfo) (at <9540aba417024bb296674f70fa788b73>:0)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder.RunIl2CppWithArguments (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] arguments, System.Action`1[T] setupStartInfo) (at <9540aba417024bb296674f70fa788b73>:0)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder.ConvertPlayerDlltoCpp (UnityEditor.Il2Cpp.Il2CppBuildPipelineData data) (at <9540aba417024bb296674f70fa788b73>:0)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder.Run () (at <9540aba417024bb296674f70fa788b73>:0)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils.RunIl2Cpp (System.String stagingAreaData, UnityEditorInternal.IIl2CppPlatformProvider platformProvider, System.Action`1[T] modifyOutputBeforeCompile, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry runtimeClassRegistry) (at <9540aba417024bb296674f70fa788b73>:0)
    UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.CompileBuild (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/BuildPostprocessor.cs:365)
    UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/BuildPostprocessor.cs:913)
    UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties) (at <9540aba417024bb296674f70fa788b73>:0)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at <9540aba417024bb296674f70fa788b73>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Build completed with a result of 'Failed' in 84 seconds (83627 ms)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 2 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002ca] in <9540aba417024bb296674f70fa788b73>:0
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <9540aba417024bb296674f70fa788b73>:0
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

[Version and Build] Build failed! 00:01:23.6273654
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    Unity.Play.Publisher.Editor.PublisherBuildProcessor/<WaitUntilBuildFinishes>d__7:MoveNext () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.connect.share@4.2.2/Editor/PublisherBuildProcessor.cs:77)
    Unity.EditorCoroutines.Editor.EditorCoroutine/YieldProcessor:MoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.editorcoroutines@1.0.0/Editor/EditorCoroutine.cs:80)
    Unity.EditorCoroutines.Editor.EditorCoroutine:processIEnumeratorRecursive (System.Collections.IEnumerator) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.editorcoroutines@1.0.0/Editor/EditorCoroutine.cs:134)
    Unity.EditorCoroutines.Editor.EditorCoroutine:MoveNext () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.editorcoroutines@1.0.0/Editor/EditorCoroutine.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

Here it is.

4. jukka_j

jukka_j

Unity Technologies

Thanks. This does look quite odd. I am not the best expert on the Bee build system - would you be able to report the issue as a bug against the build system using Unity bug reporter?

The only thing that comes to mind is with "FileSignature timestamp changed"... I wonder if that means that a timestamp changed right after the build had started, and that conflicted. If so, I wonder if some specific antivirus software might be touching the files as they are being accessed..(?) Sorry I am not of more help - reporting the project as a bug should get forward here.

5. Oxygar

Oxygar

Sure, I will report this. And I will try to do something with... maybe... unity version then?

After all, Im really glad for answer. I will also put here if I will deal with it somehow ^ ^

6. Marks4

Marks4

Try deleting the Library\Il2cppBuildCache folder under your project and rebuild. You might need to restart your computer to do this.

7. Oxygar

Oxygar

I tried. Doesn't work : (

I'm even trying to build empty project on 2021 version. Also doesn't work. So... Should I think that something is wrong with my computer probably...

8. Oxygar

Oxygar

error: Cannot parse path because it's ..'ing beyond the root: E:/Unity/Lukasz/mfp/Library/Il2cppBuildCache/WebGL/../../../../../../../../.repoconfig (System.ArgumentException)
    at NiceIO.NPath.CollapseDoubleDots
    at NiceIO.NPath.MakeCompletelyWellFormatted
    at NiceIO.NPath..ctor
    at NiceIO.NPath.Combine
    at NiceIO.NPath.RelativeTo
    at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectArrayIterator`2[TSource,TResult].MoveNext
    at Bee.TundraBackend.TundraBackend.AddFileSignature
    at Bee.TundraBackend.TundraBackend.AddFileAndGlobSignaturesFromOtherTundraFile
    at Bee.StandaloneBeeDriver.CreateBuildGraph
    at Bee.StandaloneBeeDriver.InvokeTundra
    at Bee.StandaloneBeeDriver.BuildMain
    at Bee.StandaloneBeeDriver.Main
    stderr:

I don't know what that means. What could I do to fix this? Maybe its the main problem now. I didn't saw it in the first errors, which I did paste here earlier.

9. jukka_j

jukka_j

Unity Technologies

Huh, that does look quite odd. Definitely a bug report is in order here!

10. Oxygar

Oxygar

Okay! So, here is my... um. Yeah, sort of solution:

I made new account on my computer, and I installed unity there. Everything works fine. I did it, because... Well, Im Pole, and I have "Ł" letter in my name. And my user folder contains it. And Im not sure if there is any easy way to change name of this "first" folder. Of course everything created on this computer is refering to this first folder, so I made new account without "Ł" letter. And I believe that was the core of my problem.

So problem is solved. I have a bit of satisfaction.

But... errors doesn't help with those unclear communicates xD

Thank You for helping me. I wish good day for everyone!

PS: Oh, right... oh God. I hope this problem will not appear again when I do a project with milions of objects and scripts -.-

PS 2: And yes, I reported this as bug. But if this is problem with "Ł"... Then maybe there is no need to work on this, right?

PS 3: Oh, so now everything is working even on my Main Windows 10 Account. Don't know why. Still, my one folder have "Ł" in title. I have to admit, I deleted many stuff from my computer today. Maybe... Well, I don't know. But everything is okay for now.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021