Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with UI on 2019.3b10+

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by wagenheimer, Dec 5, 2019.

1. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

Hi!

Is there some change how the UI handle Z posttion on 2019.3b10 and later versions?

UI is not detecting anymore click on some UI Items that have differents Z others than 0.

Am I the only one facing this problem? Until 2019.3b9 all works fine...

2. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

I found this on 2019.3b10 release notes. Maybe the problem is related to this changes?

• UI: Changed the order of checks so the most resource intensive check is perfomed last, and only if needed. (1180358)

• UI: Comparing the depth of nested Canvases now uses the depth value used for rendering. Depth values that are set but not used are ignored. (1176348)

3. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

I think I found the problem!
    Disabling "Ignore Reversed Graphics" fixed the problem...

But that is strange because I never changed this.

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @wagenheimer ,

Could you please submit a bug report for this issue? There was a calculation change to how it is determined whether an item is facing the camera or not and this sounds like unintended behaviour. There is a known issue that might be the culprit here but it's not certain that it's the same problem: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1196850/

A fix for that is on it's way.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019