Search Unity

Problem with UI elements on Linux Editor 2017.3.1f1

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ResetLink, Mar 7, 2018.

1. ResetLink

ResetLink

2017.3.1f1 on Linux has an issue where some of our UI elements are scrambled on screen. They all appear to be present, but either their anchor position is wrong or something is scrambling the position. This happens on the Editor and players built from the Linux Editor. This does not occur on Windows or macOS, nor does it appear to affect Linux Editor 2018.1.0b8. Has anyone else encountered something like this?

2. Tak

Tak

I haven't seen this.
    Is it only in game code in the editor? (i.e. not the UI for the editor itself)
    What locale are you using on your linux system?

3. ResetLink

ResetLink

It does not appear to affect editor UI, only UI elements in the game scene. It will also affect a player built by that editor, but not Linux players built on other platforms. I should note that on other platforms we use 2017.3.1p1 instead of f1.

Locale on both of my Linux dev boxes is using LANG=en-US.utf8

4. ResetLink

ResetLink

Any news on this? I've created a test project that demonstrates the issue, if that would help. I would upload it here but it is 7MB, too large for the forums.

5. Alonsospace

Alonsospace

I do have this problem in2018.1.0b8 still

6. ResetLink

ResetLink

I created a bug report with my test project attached, I hope that helps. I also loaded it in 2018.1.0b8 and observed that while the element broken in 2017 was correct, a different UI element was out of place. So it is still a problem in 2018, which is concerning since this has rendered the Linux Editor largely unusable for development for us.

7. ResetLink

ResetLink

This not an issue in 2017.4.0f1. Apparently it was fixed in 2017.3.1p1, which is why we never saw it on the other platforms.