Search Unity

Problem with tutorial project Stealth and Uinty 5

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Zubrowy, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Zubrowy

Zubrowy

Hi

I'm completely new to Unity and I've just completed tutorials rollerball, space shooter and survival shooter :)

So I downloaded assets for Project: Stealth tutorial in Unity 5 and from beginning I got messages in console like:

"MuscleClip 'humanoid_runForward_turnWide' conversion warning: Bone length is different in avatar and animation
    'LeftLeg' : position error = 7.696520 mm
    'LeftFoot' : position error = 15.233778 mm"

"MuscleClip 'humanoid_runForward_faceForward' conversion warning: Bone length is different in avatar and animation
    'LeftLeg' : position error = 7.696520 mm
    'LeftFoot' : position error = 15.233778 mm"

There is 14 warnings like that.

What does it mean? What should I do??

Thanks in advance :)

2. JamesB

JamesB

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

These warnings aren't anything to worry about. They are simply Unity's internal systems warning you that it's made some adjustments so that the animations will work properly.

However, as of Unity 5, there have been some changes to the physics system which means that the Stealth tutorials will be uncompletable. We are currently debating taking it down.

Sorry for the bad news.

James

3. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

Woah - Please don't! There are a lot of interesting things in the Stealth tutorial. While I really appreciate the beginners tutorials and watch them as well - the advanced things in this tutorial are very interesting. Ideas beyond the physics system like the use of static hash-codes or how to set up a project like this in general.

Maybe write a warning that the new physics won't work with it and that the videos are up to V4.6 only but please don't take them down, entirely. Or if it's possible update it for 5.x but please don't take the videos down, yet.

4. malosal

malosal

Or at least post some new videos discussing the physics system like the use of static hash-codes or how to set up a project like this in general.