Search Unity

1. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Participate with students all over the world and build projects to teach people. Join now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with the Two factor authentication

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by danimarti, Jul 25, 2018.

1. danimarti

danimarti

Hi, every time I try to log in using the Two Factor authentication I don't usually get the code on my phone, I get the code one of each 3-4 attempts, and when I get the code it already passed the 5 minutes, so I can't use it. Is there anybody else having trouble using the Two Factor authentication? It's very frustrating :-(

2. kenlem

kenlem

Yea... I never get the code.

3. vitorenes

vitorenes

I am also having this issue. I managed for Support to disable TFA on my account (it was enabled before) because I never got the codes on my phone, and although the (very serviceable and kind) person on Support told me I should be able to enable TFA back, I never get the code on my phone. Maybe someone in here from Unity Support can help?

4. DED-Games

DED-Games

I've also got the issue just now, though in my case I got the code on the 3rd attempt.

5. TheBear

TheBear

All of us at my company that had 2 Factor enabled are having this problem.... I'm currently spamming the Re-send code button. Thought to talk to customer support. They tell me I should hear back from them in 3-5 business days......

6. craigmc08

craigmc08

I'm also having this problem. I managed to enable TFA after 30 minutes of trying. Now I can't log in because I don't get the code. Very annoying.

7. Arganth

Arganth

also having this problem right now

8. DrMarcHolmes

DrMarcHolmes

Also Having this problem

9. skydestinies

skydestinies

I am also experiencing this issue. I don't get the message. I checked and I can receive messages from other people. I last received a 2 factor auth message on July 11th from Unity -- so I know it used to work.

10. satti507

satti507

unable to login unity account with two step verification , not getting verification code

11. Arganth

Arganth

I just wrote a email to support before so they disable 2FA on my account

12. sbrodie

sbrodie

Bump. Also having this issue and wrote to support.

13. Kmeier

Kmeier

I am having this issue as well, I'm completely locked out now. Thanks Unity

14. markp-unity

markp-unity

Unity Technologies

I was told by support that the problem should be solved. Please continue to reach out to support (support@unity3d.com) if they continue!

15. Arganth

Arganth

Yeah it seems to work now :)

16. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Same problem again now!

17. Jojoba007

Jojoba007

I also have this problem. Trying for the 10th time now. I'm situated in the Netherlands. This is pretty annoying. It costs me a lot of time.

EbalStudios likes this.
  18. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Sent support an E-mail, they asked for my phone number then they disappeared, still one week with no reply and having to open another support ticket or as many needed for them to reply. This is horrible can't access my account for a week now and the 2 step verification is not working.

19. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Yes!!! got a reply back from support and 2 factor authentication is removed now and I can access my account!!!
    They say the system is also working now without problems.

20. Jojoba007

Jojoba007

It's not working without problems, Still have the same problems.

21. indieDoroid

indieDoroid

I don't have a permanent cell phone at the moment.

Can two factor authentication use my email instead? Google used my email and their phone app to connect the two.

22. creativemobgs

creativemobgs

Having the same problem. Its very frustrating.
    They should at-least send the same authentication code to the registered Email.

Just wrote to support, hoping they'll get back to me soon.

23. DADA_universe

DADA_universe

same issue.

24. Jokerminator

Jokerminator

It doesn't work for me at all since some days ago. Though it worked good before.

I currently use my Facebook and Google accounts to log in.

It's really ironic to get locked out by a system that is designed to protect you.. isn't it.. ?
    HAHAHAHAHA!

25. Lesha-VH

Lesha-VH

same problem - confirmation code does not arrive

somehow I can still write to this forum - but if press SETTINGS - two factor authorization required...

just can not login - what to do?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  26. AFrisby

AFrisby

Having the same issue - just posted a Job without it - but can't see where it went.

27. genocidalvirus

genocidalvirus

Yea I have the same issue, I posted a job 24 hours ago, and it is till not accessible from my account so I can't find it, apparently it is under review. I have done the two factor authentication 3 times, but the pop up for doing it still appears.

28. teh1archon

teh1archon

Aurg!!! Again Unity forgot my account on my personal computer and again I don't get the SMS from the TWA. How can I fix it or bypass it?

29. AnneSchmidt

AnneSchmidt