Search Unity

Problem with textures

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Abkani, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Abkani

Abkani

Hi, I do this character in blender
    , Look soo good whit all textures but when I import in .blend to unity looks bad, i put the textures but only can see the color.

I need help!
    Thanks.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Sometimes the textures or materials don't all get attached automatically in the import, and you have to manually reapply them in Unity.

Also, rather than import the .blend directly in Unity (which I think will work only when Blender is installed on the same machine), you might be better off exporting to FBX, and adding that FBX file to your Unity project. FBX is the "most standard" 3D file format in Unity.

3. Abkani

Abkani

I already tried that option but the result is the same, and not the cause, export to a file. fbx and I add the texts in unity but nothing. upload_2019-3-23_22-26-21.png
    upload_2019-3-23_22-26-44.png

It only gives me the color but not the texture of the skin, hair and clothes, I have tried many ways and I can not find a solution. If you need more information, say me.

Please I need help. Thanks

Attached Files:

4. McDev02

McDev02

I think you are talking about shading. You have to change your lighting condition to get a similar look than what you have in blender. For example here the sunlight shines from behind, of course you see no normal maps and specular highlights. Also make sure that you assign normal and specular maps if you have any.

With FBX you can also export and import lights to Unity.

5. kdgalla

kdgalla

When unity imports materials, it basically just imports the textures and nothing else. Any other material properties are incompatible and you have to recreate these in Unity. In fact, when I work in Blender, I uv unwrap my models but I don't even bother to edit the default, grey materials at all.

6. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

You need to read the manual and have a clear understanding of the following terms : material, texture, shader, normal map, albedo map, occlusion, metalness, roughness maps.

7. Abkani

Abkani

So, do I need to create a shader to make it look like I have it in blender? Or what kind of shader you should use to make the appearance of the shirt and pants as seen in blender.

8. kdgalla

kdgalla

You could probably make a material using existing shaders:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Materials.html

Really, though, I'm not sure what aspects of the material that you are trying to improve. Aside from the sparkly effect on the guys arm, I don't really see any difference.

Maybe it would help you to compare them better if you set-up lighting in Unity like you have in blender. i.e. your blender screen shot has an orange light and it's dark otherwise, so in Unity, add an orange light and turn down the ambient light. Deactivate any other lights.