Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with textures and materials

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Icarusael, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Icarusael

Icarusael

Hi :)
    I am new to 3D arts and game creation. I haven't touched them for years but the only experience I got are from RPG Maker (98/2K/XP) and Blender3D. I came on this forum to look for help because I got a problem with textures and materials. I started following a tutorial on how to create a video game for beginner and right now it is showing how to change material ''Tilling'' from 1 to 2 in both X and Y axis. Nothing big, nothing bad, just a problem coming from my PC I guess? Let me show you:

Right now I am on a laptop running on Windows 10. I don't know much about computers, I bought this because I needed anything better then my main desktop computer which is 8 - 9 years old and never got upgraded. I wasn't planning on gaming or creating 3D arts/games, but here I am.

Some information about my laptop:

I saw that on this forum section, there are many guide for beginner and I'll look at all of them :)

If you know what is my problem and if you got any tip for me, anything to tell me on what should I do with Unity or with my computer, don't hesitate to tell me! I need a little help :)

Thank you!

2. tedthebug

tedthebug

I think you need to change the texture so it wraps?

Icarusael likes this.
  3. Icarusael

Icarusael

I was following a tutorial and I did not skip anything. When the Tilling is at 1, I get the same result as it is shown in the tutorial, then I change the Tilling to 2 and I get these bugged graphics...

4. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Regardless of whether you skipped anything, you need to change the texture so it wraps. Right now it's set to clamp. You change this with the "Wrap Mode" pop-up in the texture import settings. (This is a feature, not a bug.)

5. Teila

Teila

I see you are using planes of some sort or cubes. Are these primitives from Unity or did you make these in a 3d modeling program? Do these have UVs? If not, that could be why you are getting weird results.

6. Icarusael

Icarusael

Thank you! I was not sure to understand what you said but it gave me a clue on what to search for. I changed those setting and fixed it!

My Cubes are made from GameObject → 3D Object → Cube

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    JoeStrout likes this.
unityunity