Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

TextMesh Pro Problem with TextMesh Pro (Script) being empty in Inspector

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Deano42, Sep 30, 2017.

1. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

Sorry a new problem appeared "Assets\TextMesh Pro\Examples & Extras\Scripts\TMP_TextInfoDebugTool.cs(21,17): error CS0433: The type 'TMP_Text' exists in both 'TextMeshPro-2017.3-Runtime, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'Unity.TextMeshPro, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ". Can you tell me (Stephan_B) how to fix it.

2. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

And I have a question: is the problem going to disappear if I download the new Unity 2019.3.0

3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Most likely you still have the old version of TextMesh Pro in your project. As per the sticky post I referenced / linked in my previous post about the migration process from the Legacy versions from the AssetStore to the Package Manager versions, you will need to remove the older version of the TMP package. Please be sure to following those steps and backup the project first.

The issue will remain until you migrate the project to the new package manager format.

4. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

5. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

I don't know what am I doing wrong but I think I made every thing right and another error appeared "Library\PackageCache\com.unity.textmeshpro@2.0.1\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_Text.cs(7435,69): error CS1061: 'FaceInfo' does not contain a definition for 'lineHeight' and no accessible extension method 'lineHeight' accepting a first argument of type 'FaceInfo' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)".

6. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

What version of Unity are you using?

If you can submit a bug report with the included project, I can take a look and figure out exactly what the issue is here and give you guidance on how to resolve it. If you do submit a bug report with the project, please provide me with the Case # as soon as you have it from Unity via email.

7. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

My Unity version is 2019.3.2f1.
    I downloaded it today because i screwed a thing in the last version 2018.4.17.

How do you want me to send you the project.

8. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

And now I am with 2019.3.2

9. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Submit a bug report via the help menu in Unity. Be sure to include the project and fill in the step to reproduce.

Once you submit the bug report, you will get an email from Unity with the Case #. Once you have this case # please post it here which will allow me to go look at the case right away instead of having to wait for it to make its way to me.

10. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

11. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

I send the bug report.

Now I showed wait for the email to arrive?

12. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

I don't know what is happening. The Unity Team told me to download the latest version of Unity so I downloaded Unity 2020.1.0a24. I did everything again from the forums and this error appeared "Library\PackageCache\com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.0-preview.1\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_Text.cs(4931,72): error CS1061: 'FaceInfo' does not contain a definition for 'ascentLine' and no accessible extension method 'ascentLine' accepting a first argument of type 'FaceInfo' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)".

13. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Please provide me with the Case # so I can take a closer look myself.

I would recommend you continue to use Unity 2019.3 with the TMP package version 2.1.0-preview.5.

As soon as you provide the Case #, I will take a look at your project to make sure it works as expect with Unity 2019.3 and future releases when you eventually upgrade to those.

14. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I managed to find your case by searching the bug database.

Looking at the project your submitted, the reason you are having these issues is because you are using / have imported the Legacy AssetStore version of TextMesh Pro in your project. See the image below

upload_2020-2-27_2-15-36.png

To resolve these issues, you need to simply delete "TextMesh Pro" folder that contains the Legacy AssetStore version of the product.

Since this appears to be a new project as opposed to your real project, you will need to do the same thing in your real project but first making sure that if you saved any assets or resources inside this "TextMesh Pro" folder, that you backup those up first. Also check in case you made any changes to the TMP Settings.

Once the old version has been removed, the conflicts should be resolved.

By default Unity 2019.3 includes version 2.0.1 of the TMP package. I would recommend upgrading to the latest version which is version 2.1.0-preview.5 available in the Package Manager.

To get this new version open the Package Manager located in the Window - Package Manager menu. You will need to enable Show preview packages in the Advanced tab.

Then select the latest version of the package as seen below and click Update to 2.1.0-preview.5.

upload_2020-2-27_2-26-18.png

Once the new version is installed, you will need to import the TMP Essential Resources and the optional but strongly recommended TMP Examples & Extras by going to Window - TextMeshPro - Import ...

At this point, everything will be working as expected.

15. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

Thanks I will download the 2019 version then.

16. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

Aaa does that mean that I shewed do the migration before the stuff shown on the pictures.

17. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

Don't mind that.

Showed I delete the Plugins folder?

18. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

You have to delete the "TextMesh Pro" folder as per Step 6 of the instructions in that sticky post.

19. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

I don't understand how to delete the old version of TextMesh Pro.

20. DaFlaynigDuchman

DaFlaynigDuchman

I fixed the problem thanks allot.
    You don't know how much did you help me thanks and sorry if I was annoying you these for days.

21. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Glad I could help and get you back up and running :)