Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Problem with syncing

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Nucky9, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Nucky9

Nucky9

Hi,

I've been trying to get collaborate to work for me and my teammate, but we are having problems (namely, although both of us are able to download the project, only I have been able to publish).

To test things, I tried making a fresh project, rebuilt our project in it and uploaded it as the initial commit. When I try to sync to the initial commit on a different computer, it downloads, although there was an error b/c of a custom window arrangement the initial commit had (I had installed Transform Utilities, and docked the window).

However, immediately after it downloads, it says there are unpublished changes to upload (and lists all the files in the project as being changed), even though no changes have been made after the download of the initial commit. Trying to revert back to the initial commit doesn't solve the problem, and trying to publish the version on the second computer results in a "cannot commit changes to server' error.

So far in testing, as long as I publish and download from one computer, collaborate seems to work fine, but as soon as I/we try with a different computer, it fails.

Any help with this would be appreciated!

2. Nucky9

Nucky9

Although I am still testing, removing the Transform Utilities docked window (but still keeping the tools installed) when making the initial commit seems to have solved the problem.

3. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

wat?!?!?
    lol, I'm extremely interested in this and checking into your server logs. I'm definitely going to try to repro this today. Thank you for the update!

4. Nucky9

Nucky9

Yeah, it did seem strange for sure. Other than that one change, I don't know what the problem could have been, and things are still working since removing the offending window (between three computers now).

holliebuckets likes this.
  5. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Could you confirm for me every computer has the same version of the editor installed? I'm having a hard time repro'ing. If you are willing, would you be able to repro and run Unity from command line with the use of additional parameter
    -enableCollabEventLogs? Submit a bug and ping me the case number. This one is too weird to ignore :)

6. Nucky9

Nucky9

Well, it is possible I initially set up the project using a different version of Unity, since I have more than one version installed on the first computer, but I didn't get any warnings about different Unity versions, and I am *pretty* sure I was using the same version on the two computers I was testing.

I'll see if I can reproduce the error, and if I can, I'll submit the bug report you asked for.

7. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Woot! Thank you so much!!

8. Nucky9

Nucky9

Well, I was unable to reproduce it as well - sorry!

9. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

No worries!!! I'm super glad to hear! if you end up running into it again (or any other errors) don't hesitate to reach out :D

10. Nucky9

Nucky9

Will do, thanks!