Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with streaming VR headeset camera

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by mgstauff, Oct 31, 2022.

1. mgstauff

mgstauff

URS 3.1.0-exp.3

I'm trying to stream my VR headset view (using older Oculus Desktop/Android packages). When I add the CameraStreamSender to the VR headset camera, it works nicely to stream the VR headset view out via URS, but the view inside the VR headset gets severely screwed up. Looks like it's updating but not refreshing properly because I'm getting a load of trails of the scene, like it's drawing only some components and not others.

Anyone ever seen this before?

BTW, I see URS 3.1.0-exp.4 on the documentation page, but not in package manager. Is that on purpose?

2. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

The experimental package is not listed on the Package Manager. To list the package, we need to promote the package as a verified by official.

3. mgstauff

mgstauff

I've installed 3.10.-exp.3 from package manager, so I figure you mean exp.4 hasn't been released yet through it?

4. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

5. mgstauff

mgstauff

Thanks!
    But damn, I'm still stuck on unity 2019.4 so can't use it. Haven't had chance to update from some old XR packages I'm using.

6. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

Unity 2019.4 is end for supporting by official. Please upgrade the Editor version.

7. mgstauff

mgstauff

Yeah, I will when I have the time to upgrade my VR implementation!