Search Unity

Problem With Standard Assets

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Regen_erate, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Regen_erate

Regen_erate

I am doing a course with LinkedIn Learning, and I noticed when loading in a prefab, that it said to assign a "valid script". This script is valid, and I would assume that because it was written by the guys over at Unity Technologies that it would be error-free. A snapshot of the warning message is below:

Attached Files:

2. - there is no software on Earth which is "error-free"
    - you failed to mentioned what Unity version your tutorial uses
    - you failed to mentioned which Unity version you're using
    - you failed to mention what are the errors this message is talking about
    - you failed to learn that when you're compiling an application under unity's compiler one script can be influenced by other scripts' error (this is by the way true to other applications as well, it's just less expected in unity by total newbies)
    - you failed to mention any useful information other than that you're capable of creating sarcastic sentences

so?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

The Standard Assets were meant for Unity 4 or 5; most of them can still be used with current versions of Unity but you do have to do some work to adapt them, especially the scripts. As the error message says, you have to "fix any compile error" in all the scripts that have compile errors.

Double clicking on each error message in the console will open the scripts at the line that need fixing and generally Visual Studio propose fixes for you to try.

4. Regen_erate

Regen_erate

Thank you.

5. Regen_erate

Regen_erate

Lol