Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Problem with Share Webgl Game

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by kikilin_, May 4, 2020.

1. kikilin_

kikilin_

Hi

I'm a newbie in unity and I hope my question isn't too dumb.

I'm trying to post my first game on Unity Connect. I have my whole scene played without errors in console. But when I press Build, the "share" button in Share WebGL game window stayed grey and I can't click it. I have tried the project in 2020.1.0a9 Alpha, 2019.3.12f1, and 2019.3.7f1 versions but all of them turned out to have the same result. Also, I have tried to put my Build folder inside and outside the project folder, but none of them worked.

I tried to upload the zip files through Connect- Post Project, however, my file is too large (272MB) even compressed. Is there any way to fix this problem?

2. pwewegama

pwewegama

One of my friends had this same issue too with the Share button being greyed out after a build even though we were both running Share WebGL Game 1.2.0 (latest version).

I also noticed that this window is quite finicky. After I build the WebGL game, I immediately went to the Share WebGL window and had the option of Sharing the game as it was able to locate my latest build. However, when I closed the Window (without Sharing) and reopened it again from Window > Share WebGL Game, the "Share" button was grayed out and the location of the build seemed to have been forgotten.

Try immediately going to Window > Share WebGL Game after the build process is complete without performing any actions. This might help get around the bug.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  3. Smartoom7

Smartoom7

Hi, I am a newbie in Unity too and I have a problem. My problem is that when I click build it loads but in the bottom, it says that Unity found three problems which is why it can't load and share my project. I too have a problem that when i click share webGL it says to build Webgl again

4. mlgdude123456

mlgdude123456

i dont even get the option to share with webgl from window do i publish it from the publish thingy on the top? im trying to get the sniper rifle microgame fps thing but its not working

ana92sikiric likes this.
  5. unity_K82fShf_pMwp_Q

unity_K82fShf_pMwp_Q

I can upload and share it but I don't get the sniper rifle pop up