Search Unity

Problem with Ruby's Adventure: 2D Beginner

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by PBarone, Oct 19, 2019.

1. PBarone

PBarone

I am having a problem with the following instructions:

Import Assets into your Project

This Project is called Ruby’s 2D Adventure because the main character is called Ruby, and you’re making a basic adventure game in a 2D environment. You get the idea. So let’s find Ruby!

1. Save the following image on your computer by downloading it from the Tutorial Materials at the top of this tutorial.

XXX I don't see where it says to download Tutorial Materials at the top of the tutorial.

XXX I right-clicked on the above image (.png). I pasted it into Art > Sprites.

2. Drag and drop the file into Art > Sprites, so that Unity copies it into your Project folders and imports it with the default settings.

3. Because your Project was created with the 2D template, the image is automatically imported as a Sprite. To see this, select Ruby in the Project window and look at the Texture Type field in the Inspector:

XXX The Texture Type is Default, NOT Sprite (2D and UI)

Use a Sprite to create a GameObject

To use the Ruby Sprite to create a GameObject:

1. Click on the small arrow next to the Ruby image in the Project folder. You will see that it “contains” what appears to be the same image, which is in fact the Sprite that Unity created for you.

XXX There is no small arrow next to the Ruby image in the Project folder.

2. Drag that Sprite from the Project window to the Scene view, to add it as a new GameObject to your Scene. Use the 2D view.

XXX I can not drag the Sprite onto the Scene view.

XXX When I dragged the Assete > Art > Sprites > Characters > Ruby Sheet onto the Scene View and attached the script to make it move, the sprite does not move after I hit Play. It animates, but does not move.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

3. xenin3

xenin3

i'm also looking the answer.. this tutorial really suck

4. Valjuin

Valjuin

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

This tutorial doesn't suck at all, pay attention to the instructions and do not skip steps.

I did this tutorial some time ago with an alpha version of Unity and everything worked fine.