Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Render-pipelines.light, errors in console and not textured elements.

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by Slyesarenko, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Slyesarenko

Slyesarenko

Guys, I've tried to follow the instructions in
    started with unity 2018.1.13, got the errors in console, thought that probably this is a bug of beta, but then tried with 2018.2 and again got the errors, I don't think nobody noticed it yet, so probably I'm doing something wrong.
    STR:
    1. create a new 3D project
    2. in the Package Manager install Render-pipelines.light

Result:
    Errors in console: Shader error in 'LightweightPipeline/Standard (Physically Based)': failed to open source file: 'LWRP/ShaderLibrary/InputSurfacePBR.hlsl' at line 117 (on d3d11)

pipeline-errors.png

After that if I create the shader graph I get the untextured preview:
    shader-graph.png

So could you help me, am I doing something wrong?

2. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

You created a 3d project so you don't have the correct renderer assigned for SRP.

Fix
    1 - To fix your problem you need to create a render pipeline asset and assign it.
    You can see how to do that here - https://forum.unity.com/threads/feedback-wanted-shader-graph.511960/page-8#post-3411230

Future Projects/Creating a Project
    2 - From what I read it seems like you are creating a new project to use the Lightweight Pipeline. You can just create a project with the Lightweight Pipeline Template and everything will be set up for you.

LeonhardP and Slyesarenko like this.
  3. Slyesarenko

Slyesarenko

Thanks a lot, now I see what I missed and what should be a starting point. Don't see a button to increase your karma points )))

4. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

I don't think there are karma points here. Glad I could help though