Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with plugins in Unity5 Beta...

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Ravel, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Ravel

Ravel

I compiled my project with a plugin that I made for both platforms, x86 and x64.

The final result is, that the plugins work on my PC and they dont work on my testers pc.
    The bundle(mac) version works fine.

Might it be the vs2010 compiler settings?

This is the error found on the log file:
    Code (csharp):
    2. Fallback handler could not load library C:/Users/xxxx/Downloads/MoDyEn DLL  Forest Club/MoDyEn DLL  Forest Club/game_Data/Mono/.\C:/Users/xxxx/Downloads/MoDyEn DLL  Forest Club/MoDyEn DLL  Forest Club/game_Data/Plugins/MoDyEnPhysics64.dll
    I've had simmilar problems when I used the Debug version of my plugin, but this time both plugins are Release versions.

2. Ravel

Ravel

...my fault, it was again the debug version of my plugin. But could someone explain, why debug dll's dont work on other pc's? Are they connected to the compiler machines system files?

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Debug DLLs usually depend on debug C++ runtime libraries (on windows at least). These are installed with Visual Studio, so if you don't have VS installed on target PC, debug libraries will not work there.

Ravel likes this.
  4. Ravel

Ravel

Makes sense! Thanks.