Search Unity

problem with play movie

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by lovarajesh, Feb 12, 2011.

1. lovarajesh

lovarajesh

Hi,

I am trying iphoneuitils.Playmovie for playing a video in iphone but video is not playing can anyone help me

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

1. Are you on iOS advanced
    2. is the movie in the StreamingAssets folder in m4v / mov format thats compressed iOS compatible? (normally itunes?

3. lovarajesh

lovarajesh

yes, I placed in movie in StreamingAssets folder, i checked all formats, 3gp,mp4,m4v... but failed to play movie

for checking purpose i placed bgcolor white it is appearing for less than a sec and disappearing.

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

3gp isn't supported by iOS as far as I recall, its primarily h.264 format in mp4 / mov.
    You can always drop the movie into itunes and sync it. you will then see straight on the device if it works cause you use the same movie player in unity as you use when just doing movie playback

5. Mikssa

Mikssa

The trouble to me is about how to play iTunes movies on LG smart TV. If you have bought movies from iTunes, you may have known all iTunes movies are encrypted with fairplay DRM protection, it can be played on Apple devices only. If you are really want to enjoy these movies on Android phone, Windows media player, Google play, etc. Is there are need to look for a iTunes movies converter for you to convert videos from M4V to MP4 format. Of course, the best opt to me is Media Converter for Windows. Even there are a number of traditional video converter for you to choose, but these one can help you get rip of DRM protection and convert videos from M4V to MP4 and multiple compatible formats at faster speed with lossless quality. Or you can check more info on here. Good luck.

6. Miles_Gonzalez

Miles_Gonzalez

If you can't play iTunes movies, maybe that is because DRM protection, you can try this solution to remove DRM from iTunes movies. Then you shouldn't have any other problems playing the videos.

7. haurria

haurria

Hi i think you can not play this iTunes movies, maybe that is because DRM protection, i have a video about children police toys i want also to play it on iTunes