Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Photon

Discussion in 'Connected Games' started by fred_gds, Jan 21, 2015.

1. fred_gds

fred_gds

Hey,

I started using Photon and today I ran in a quite strange Error/Bug.

So I created a room and I have 2 players in it. So then I load a new Scene through the master with PhotonNetwork.LoadLevel(). Everything works great until here. But then I wanted the master instantiate further GameObjects. Therefore I wrote following script:

void Awake()
    {
    if(PhotonNetwork.isMasterClient)
    {
    PhotonNetwork.Instantiate("Player123" , Vector3.zero, Quaternion.identity, 0);
    }
    }

strangely the objects only appear on the master but not on the clients.

But if I use if(!PhotonNetwork.isMasterClient) instead then the Objects will be spawned on the clients and the master. So I don't quite understand logic behind that and after spending hours to try figure out how it is supposed to work, I wanted to ask if anyone else ran into similar problems.

By the way the Objects I want to Instantiate are static and have a PhotonView Component attached to them.

EDIT: I found the problem. Apparently the Awake function of the master gets loaded before the other player join. So therefore the Instantiation will not work inside Awake()....

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
unityunity