Search Unity

Problem with NGUI, how to add a NGUI text (uilabel) on my 3D objects?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by BooBi, Mar 28, 2014.

1. BooBi

BooBi

Hello,

I'm trying to add some text on few posters in my exhibition project, the text needs to be editable as I'm downloading it from a database.

I've done a complete interface 2D using NGUI. Now when I add a UILabel and try to place it in my scene, the image doesn't stay sharp when I walk away from it, it becomes blotchy.
    I've seen the "Example 03 - Menu" from NGUI. When, I add a fps controller and look at the menu, the text stays clean when I'm far away. It seems that this scene is using 3D UIRoot, but I can't manage to add a 3D UIRoot in my scene that already has a 2D UIRoot.

Here is a screenshot of my problem:
    $probleme.jpg

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot for your help and advices!!!

B.

2. numberkruncher

numberkruncher

I do not know the answer to this question. You might want to compare the mip-mapping settings of your atlas with the one in the NGUI example which stays sharp. Perhaps it is just that...

If I were you I would post your question to the dedicated NGUI forum since you usually get a response from the NGUI developer himself :)

http://tasharen.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

3. BooBi

BooBi

Thanks a lot, I just found out the solution and was about to post it, the problem came as you said from the mipmap settings

Thanks a lot!