Search Unity

Problem with navmesh

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by LazyVol4onok, Oct 20, 2019.

1. LazyVol4onok

LazyVol4onok

I didn't change anything, but after rebake something went wrong.(maybe after update unity 2019.2.1f -> 2019.2.9f)
    Before

After rebake

So npc can't move and i don't understand why. On other scenes everyting ok.
    Maybe someone saw this problem

2. Olmi

Olmi

Hello and welcome @LazyVol4onok

Did you try to adjust NavMesh baking options? Try adjusting Voxel Size under Advanced options in Navigation panel.

That being said, I haven't compared NavMesh settings between recent versions.

EDIT: Just tried it out and I seem to get OK looking navMesh in correct scale (i.e. human scale, if 2 system units is a character's height.)

3. LazyVol4onok

LazyVol4onok

Tried voxel size, but it didn't help. I have a default settings i think, but i can't understand why walkable area higher than floor

4. Olmi

Olmi

Well, the NavMesh is always slightly above the polygons. Are you sure your scene is still the same scale? You didn't re-import your scene model or anything like that?

5. Olmi

Olmi

Well. If the problem persists, you could try NavMeshAgent.baseOffset? But it would be better to figure out what's wrong. I can't get that kind of results on 2019.2.9f1.

6. LazyVol4onok

LazyVol4onok

Oh...Thank you very much. You helped me understand why it happened.
    But, can you tell me, please, how fix it?
    I copied models and some rooms from other scene and after it happened. So, only delete it can help? It is first time when i met this problem...
    Really, big thank you!