Search Unity

Problem with my main Game scene. How do i click past the logo sprite?

Discussion in '2D' started by FalsAlarm, Dec 12, 2016.

1. FalsAlarm

FalsAlarm

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem. I have a large logo for my game created with photoshop and it's a transparent PNG file. Currently my Unity project is setup with a Canvas element and I have an Image UI element as well as a Text UI element(I'm using this text as a button).

The problem I'm having is that my main Logo that I created fill the entire screen and is transparent in the area where the I have the Text button. The main problem is that the button is behind the Logo image and whenever i hover over the Text button, the hover is not sent to the button because the Logo image is in the way(at least i think that's why it's not working).

seems like whenever i move the logo away from the Text buttons, it works fine. But how do i tell the UI to set the Logo image as the background or something?

2. DWit

DWit

In UI objects are drawn based on position in hierarchy. So you can move logo up in hierarchy over button and should be ok.

Second solution: you can disable Raycast Target for logo UI Sprite so any click will skip logo and you can press button under logo.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. FalsAlarm

FalsAlarm

Thank you. I tried to disable Raycast Target on the image that resolved my issue. Furthermore, I found out that by placing my Text buttons as children of the Logo Image, that resolved my issues also.