Search Unity

Problem with my humanoid

Discussion in 'Animation' started by stav745, Jul 20, 2019.

1. stav745

stav745

First of all i'm sorry about my English, it's not my main language :p

This is my 3rd character iv'e ever imported to unity (using blender to model and rig my character)
    And with this character i have this weird problem when i try to animate my character:

This is my character -
    01.png

If it's relevant in blender with her rig:
    02.png

But when i try to animate her, and i press record that's what happens:
    03.png

After long time trying to fix it and searching online for solution iv'e got tired of this and i tried to animate her back to position and continue from there, but then i figured i can't even change the values of her bones (rotation, position and so..) it back to position when i release my mouse after rotating and if i change the numbers in the inspector it just changes to the default number as soon as i press Enter

Please help she wanna live!! :(
    Thanks alot!!

2. AcornBringer

AcornBringer

Hey there!

I've seen that pose before. I think it was when the scale of my character rig didn't match the scale of the animations in the import settings. If you are in-fact using separate models to store animations and a separate model to apply them to, check to make sure they are all the same size. Also make sure the box "Convert Units" or "Use File Scale" (different names for same check-box in different versions of Unity) in the import settings matches between the models you are using. On that same note, make sure you are using the same rig format (generic, humanoid, legacy, etc...) for all models that share animations. You should also be using the avatar from your main model instead of using a few unless you know you need multiples.

Of course if you aren't using separate models like I am, this information might not apply to you. I hope it helps somehow though.

Take care!