Search Unity

Problem with multiple NavMeshes

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by gtorres26, May 22, 2020.

1. gtorres26

gtorres26

Hello, I know how to create a NavMesh with custom properties and how to add characters with NavMeshAgents so they can have their own paths and everything works fine.

The problem comes everytime I bake a new NavMesh. Let's say I have a NavMesh that was calculated from multiple meshes I selected and then bake it. That is my original NavMesh. But now I create a new area on the same scene and I want to add a new NavMesh to the new area surface. So I select the new area, go to navigation, set the properties and bake it. The new NavMesh gets created but the original is now screwed. Some of the areas have completely lost their NavMesh and others have been recalculated with the new properties so the heights, for instance, do not correspond to the original ones.

So my question is simple but I haven't found any thread about this issue. Is there a way to create new NavMeshes on my scene without altering the ones I already have?

Please do not redirect me to Unity documentation or official tutorials. I have already gone trhough all that and, like I said, I know how NavMeshes and their components work so I would appreciate a straight answer.

2. vhman

vhman

3. gtorres26

gtorres26