Search Unity

Problem with lightmapping: stuck at Clustering

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Jymmy097, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Jymmy097

Jymmy097

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to make an indoor scene, so I've modeled my walls inside blender, by solidifying a cube.
    The problem is that, if I import it to Unity and set it to be static, the lightmapper is stuck at 5/11: clustering.

Another little question: I've tried, in the same scene, to use the linear color space (which is told to be more realistic), but the result is very ugly: I can see artifacts on meshes such as sawtooth ellipses.
    I get an error when I switch from gamma to linear and vice versa: "InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object", but if I double click it, it seems like an inspector GUI error... I have Direct 3D11 enabled. If I disable it nothing changes... Any ideas about this problem??

Thanks in advance.

Jymmy097

2. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

Hi @Jymmy097 have you tried lowering the resolution of the Precomputed Realtime GI and the Baked GI? Also, try setting the default Lightmap Parameter to Default-VeryLowResolution to see if this speeds up clustering. Let me know if this works.

3. Jymmy097

Jymmy097

I've solved thsi kind of problem: I did not notice that Unity asked me to subdivide the mesh as it was too big for the atlas size (I'm surprised that the warning was shown only in the object tab, I came across it accidentally). Well, now I have face another problem with lightmaps and lights: I can see weird artifacts with or without lightmap, they seems sawtooth radial gradients... Here's the thread:http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity5-linear-color-space-looks-bad.314950/#post-2046496

The bug is more visible in Linear color space, so I use gamma space in my project... but I have to look for some resolution settings & compression... Thanks a lot.