Search Unity

Problem with Lightmap baking not working

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by otmartin, Nov 6, 2021.

1. otmartin

otmartin

Hello I have been having many problems with the Unity lightmap baking system. A few weeks ago I baked my small scene and it looked exactly how I wanted it to look with the right shading and the shadows working properly:

These are the settings I used for that screenshot:

This is the directional light I used

A few weeks later I added more to my scene. When I was finished I baked the scene again with the exact same setting I used previously and the results were much worse:

I tried changing the settings to figure out what the problem was but nothing worked. I then instead used Progressive GPU (Preview) instead of Progressive CPU but the baking would get stuck at the end with the loading bar stuck on Global illumination Preprocessing. Now when I try and bake with Progressive CPU it get stuck at the end too. I am very stuck and have no idea what to do.

Attached Files:

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Judging from your lighting settings, you are new to the lightmapping process. I would suggest you'd familiarize yourself with our baking pipeline by watching these two videos first:

In the meanwhile, I'd suggest you disable Realtime Global Illumination, unless you really need it. Try clearing the GI Cache in the Preferences window, and rebaking.