Search Unity

Problem with lighting

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by ThunderMusic, Jan 2, 2020.

1. ThunderMusic

ThunderMusic

Hi,
    I'm struggling with a scene that is totally enclosed (kinda). There are not light except emissive ones, which are marked emissive (baked or realtime doesn't change a thing). I have a matrix of 27 probes per cube (probably too many) which are 4m x 4m x 4m. I used the IndirectLighting Controller in the volume configuration and put it to 60. It resulted in having the climbing bars, the door and its handle bar lit as you can see in the video. But I can't get any light on my walls. The model is generating lightmap UVs when imported and is marked static in the scene. I have tried fiddling with the settings in the lighting tab when baking, but nothing changes. The wall is never lit. My emissives are at a really low intensity because if I get them too high (as in the 0-255 range not even using the highest intensities). Could it be the problem? Is there a way to bump the emissives up and them from blasting the scene away with bloom?

As a side question, is there a way to have an ambient light as a lighting base? I mean, I would like to have a white base for all the cubes. I tried with a point light, which lit up the scene quite nicely, but it created a hotspot (specular) on smoother areas of the textures, which I don't want.

Thanks

btw, I'm using HDRP.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  2. ThunderMusic

ThunderMusic

Finally, I fixed the problem by adding area lights everywhere. It increases the baking time, but it allows me to manage how much of the color I want and how much light I need.