Search Unity

Problem with install unity on linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by aimanakid123, Jan 7, 2016.

1. aimanakid123

aimanakid123

Hello i am a zorin linux user and im want to report a problem.i cant open unity installer after the download are finish....when im open it nothing happen...this the pictures below with my system specification..could someone help me thanks....the installer just show a blank Screenshot from 2016-01-07 16:43:35.png

2. Odd-Redesign

Odd-Redesign

Looks like it tries to open the .sh file with gedit - that's probably not what you want. It takes ages to show the content, since the script contains the editor as a binary blob.

What you want is running the script from the command line:

Code (CSharp):
    1. cd /home/your_username/Downloads
    2. chmod +x Unity-(autocomplete with tab)
    3. ./Unity-(autocomplete with tab)
    Another method would be marking the file as an executable in right click -> properties, but not every file browser does that. If it is marked as an executable, your system should no longer open it as a text file.

gamalielvj likes this.
  3. Odd-Redesign

Odd-Redesign

Also please be aware that you installed a 32-bit version of Zorin OS, but the Editor is for 64-bit operating systems. This could cause issues and the installation may fail completely. Is there a specific reason you installed the 32 bit version? Usually that's not necessary.

4. aimanakid123

aimanakid123

my laptop has screen glitches when im installing ubuntu and zorin os 64 bit plus my pendrive is broken and cannot acces for download the setup...and thankss a lot it is works you are my savior....could you teach me about programming