Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Inherit Source Velocity on VFX Graph.

Discussion in 'VFX Toolbox' started by KrisM, May 23, 2019.

1. KrisM

KrisM

Firstly, I'm still new to VFX Graph, so hopefully this is something simple I don't have the foundational knowledge to properly implement.

I've got a ball set up as a temporary character with some particle effects attached to it. The problem is that the particle effects remain fixed on the position, velocity, and rotation of that ball... they don't behave as though they are influenced by the ball's momentum.

To clarify, if the ball jumped up, there should be a spike of particles that flow upwards from the peak of that jump; carry that velocity / momentum. Part of the problem is that I've got turbulence and vortex fields that influence particle movements... But despite this, I'd like a trail of particles (following those routines) behind the ball as it moves.

I've attempted to use the standard Inherit Source Velocity, but am getting an error "Exception while compiling expression graph: System.ArgumentException: Attribute velocity does not exist in data layout".

I'm assuming I need to set that variable somewhere/somehow... but haven't been able to work out how to do it. What's the appropriate / better way of handling this?

2. Adam_Benko

Adam_Benko

How did you fix it in the end ? I have a similar problem. Anti missile flares on my spaceship do not inherit the velocity too.

3. kkrg001

kkrg001

I also want to know how to inherit the velocity of gameobject :/