Search Unity

Question Problem with grabbing objects in more than one scene.

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by unity_Y3y8QyEVgb_kcA, Dec 25, 2021.

1. unity_Y3y8QyEVgb_kcA

unity_Y3y8QyEVgb_kcA

Hi everyone,
    I have a very annoying problem. I'm working on a VR game for oculus quest 2, where I want to be able to grab objects in multiple scenes. I have already made the first scene, and I am able to grab objects without any trouble, but when I made the next scene, I couldn't grab any objects. I am pretty sure I did the exact same in each scene. I don't know which information to give you, but I am using the XR grab interactables and the XR grab interactors. I have the same XR interaction manager for interactables and interactors. I have colliders which are trigger on the hands, and colliders which aren't trigger on the objects.
    I am really lost at this, and hope somebody can help me. Thanks in advance.

2. unity_Y3y8QyEVgb_kcA

unity_Y3y8QyEVgb_kcA

I just started up the project again for the millionth time to try and figure out how to solve the problem. I made a trigger function, that would debug when I hit the object, and then I started the game and I was able to grab my object. I have no idea why, because I didn't change anything, that should affect that.
    I'm sorry if somebody has the same issue, because I have no clue why it didn't work in the first place and why it works now.

3. VRDave_Unity

VRDave_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hello. Are you able to share the project you are working on by filing a bug report in Unity (under Help)?

4. RogueStargun

RogueStargun

When you make a scene with an xr interaction manager, the new scene might add one. I suspect you either have a duplicate xr manager or duplicate event system. To avoid this issue, you may want to explicitly declare these in a base scene