Search Unity

Feedback Problem with forum redirects

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by Lurking-Ninja, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Recently (in the last couple of days) the forum started to unnecessarily redirect my browser multiple times when I click on a thread.
    upload.PNG

This duplicated, sometimes triple redirection hinders the usage of the back button. It does not work properly and it becomes a nightmare to go back to higher levels (you either right click on the back button and select the proper level or hit the back button in quick succession and usually over do it so you end up on a higher level you wanted...).

2. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

IMG_C92F8A7573E1-1.jpeg Safari on iPad refuses to show Unity's store or forums because of the redirects.

This is some sort of hostile joke.

3. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Interesting... @Lurking-Ninja, can I ask if you are still getting this today?

4. I had it in the morning (I'm in PDT), I think. I'm not entirely sure, because I think I kinda' got used to it, but I'll look out for it and report back if I still have problems with it.

5. Reporting back: since my previous answer I haven't noticed the multi-redirect problem. All looks great on my end. Thanks!

6. Okay, it seems I was speaking too soon. :(
    This was one click on the thread:
    Capture.PNG

7. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Thanks for the information. I'm going to ask our Webteam to take a look at this - would you be okay with sharing any logs with us if needed? Happy to do this via DM :)

8. Sure, anything I can help. Worst case scenario: I redact the logs I send. :D

9. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

You're the best. I'll stay in touch once I have any further updates.